Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tsumura Sushi Bar and Restaurant, Makati


Few months ago, I was researching on restaurants where I can get the best uni here in Manila.
 I really wanted to eat authentic uni and ikura when I went to Japan last December but unfortunately, wasn't able to :( 

One of the restos that were highly recommended for the best sushi in town was Tsumura.
Here's my experience...


 Free Appetizer: Sunomono (Cucumber Salad)
This is really refreshing!



Nigiri Moriawase Aoi: P995

All I can say is that I've died and gone to sushi heaven! lol. It tastes really exceptional.
To be honest, I don't often eat raw sushi in most Japanese restos here in Manila--coz I have trust issues with the freshness lol. So sadly, I cannot compare it to other restaurants.
Though, from the sushi and sashimi that I've tried in hotel buffets, I can say that Tsumura's selection is really superb compared to the others <3





A closer look at this heavenly plate <3



More yummy goodness




Uni-don 
A whole bowl of Uni goodness. OMG!
It has rice underneath, fyi.


My new found favorite, Shirako Ponzu (P500) ~fish milt/testes of fish  haha
Sooooo yummy. It's like foie gras...seafood version LOL
I'm so glad the kareshi asked me if I've ever tried this. Now, I have a new dish to order every time I'm at a sushi bar haha



Ikura!!
So pretty <3 However, it was a bit too salty for my taste =/
Had to gobble up spoonfuls of rice to balance out the saltiness.



Another new discovery, Dobin Mushi #nomnom
from wikipedia: traditional Japanese seafood broth, steamed and served in a dobin tea pot with shrimp, chicken, soy sauce, lime, and matsutake mushroom.




FYI, this is my kareshi's bday dinner hehe <3


With Mr. Tsumura himself yay! He's so cute haha



Verdict:

FOOD
Everything was extremely appetizing. The kareshi highly approves of it (he's Japanese) so it means that quality is really good. Thumbs up!
I highly recommend the Nigiri Moriawase plate, uni and shirako ponzu <3

SERVICE
Service was wonderful. Attentive and courteous staff.

THE MAIN QUESTION
Will I go back?
Of course! I'll probably go back here again when the kareshi is back in town LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment