Sunday, December 1, 2013

Lunch Buffet: Spiral at Sofitel Hotel


Ladies and gents, I present to you the creme de la creme of hotel buffets in Manila...

Voucher Price: P1600 valued at P2450 via CashCashPinoy


Before you get excited or something, let me just tell you that this post is a bit disappointing since I wasn't able to take pictures of the whole buffet area :( So sorry!

As much as I wanted to, there was this man in a black suit (think men in black lol) who suddenly gestured to me that taking photos is not allowed =/

Nevertheless, I was able to take A LOT of pics before he scolded me..especially the Chocolaterie/Desserts area so I hope you like that part :)



Follow the chef!
There were a lot of people during our visit!
I think half of those are also voucher holders lol



The Spiral Staircase and look there's a magical bicycle!lol


With my good college friend ;)
Thanks to her we got a good table near the staircase and the food lol
And after an hour, former Manila city mayor Lito Atienza, was seated next to us! Wow


With my forever date, Mom haha




Dining hall near the Asian Selection

Basically, Spiral offers 21 Dining Ateliers o__O
Can you believe that???
If you ask me, even if I take "a bit" of everything, I don't think I'd be able to taste all of the dishes that they offer in a single visit!!!



To start off, The "Filipino" Atelier



Korean






Mom didn't like the Kimchi =/
Every time she gets some Kimchi from the buffets we've visited, she always gets disappointed lol


Thai


Chinese






Steam baskets



Asian Noodles




Peking Duck Oven





Hot Japanese






Salad and Appetizer


L'Epicerie




Spiral is the only buffet that offers a wide range of cheese and cold cuts selection in their buffet!
Make sure not to miss this!


Creamery


Filipino rice cakes and a lost choco cake haha


Make your own Halo Halo


Fruits


Chocolaterie


Chocolate and Green tea/Pistachio(?) fountain



Candy/Chocolate drawers anyone? ;)






Unlimited truffles and Pralines!!!!!
Even by just eating a lot of these, you've already gotten your money's worth lol





La Patisserie

That chocolate cake on the left is gooey and deliciously sinful!











Eiffel Tower Chocolates


Perfect for Christmas




Me and the famous Olive bread lol
To be honest, I didn't like it. I don't know why everyone's raving about this.
It's bland and a bit hard =/


My first plate
Cheese and Cold cuts nom nom


2nd: Salad plate



3rd plate



My 4th: Sushi plate YUM


5th!!!


6th: "chocoholics anonymous" plate haha


and my last, dark choco with pistachios and cake bites.
I know I got another ice cream flavor but I can't seem to remember haha sorry


Verdict:

FOOD
Excellent and a wiiiiiiiiide range of choices!
Be sure that your extremely hungry when you visit here.
It's worth it.
Faves were the cheese selection, sushi, peking duck and the chocolates!
Too bad I wasn't aware that they had unlimited Foie Gras in the French section :(


SERVICE
Hmmm I guess there were just too many guests that the servers didn't notice that my plates were already piling up on the table =/
So I'll give them a 3/5 for that
Sorry, getting my plate once I'm done with it is really important for me.
Would you like to eat in a table with messed up leftovers? I don't think so
Not a pretty sight hehe


THE MAIN QUESTION
Will I go back?
I NEED TO and I MUST!
As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't able to take pics of the whole area!
And I need to get my hands on those foie gras!heeheehee
Aside from that, I wasn't able to get me some steak =/
So yea, I shall definitely return soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment