Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Osaka December 2013

Finally after 2 weeks of busyness with some slight laziness lol, I can post my recent Japan trip! :))


I present to you, the view from our hotel room haha ;) 
We stayed at Hotel Hanshin btw. Maybe I'll do a post/review on that too eh?

You could spot the railways and the Umeda Sky Building!



Simple breakfast from the hotel buffet ;)
My DIY curry omu rice is the bomb paired with (the soggiest) bacon (I've ever eaten) and chicken nuggets! lol




Osaka station is just one stop from our hotel! How convenient <3


I've always envied Japanese/Korean rail/subways =/
I remember I was in awe when I first went to Tokyo 8 yrs ago O_O
Just look at that map and their touch-screen ticketing system.
Philippines, y so slow haha


Osaka Station is huge y'all! I felt like I was in an airport.
It was sooooo busy and crowded. Perfect for people watching nyahaha

Here, you can also take the JR Line going to Kyoto wuhoo!
I'll post a separate entry on my Kyoto trip ;)




When you take the escalator going up from the station, you'll see a wide bridge connecting the North and South buildings which will lead you to shopping landmarks such as Lucua, Yodobashi etc. and to the Hankyu Umeda Station.

If you ask me, this is a perfect spot to take photo-ops hehe



Midosuji boulevard
~Our timing couldn't be more perfect. It's winter already but the trees have remained its autumn self <3

Here you can find all the high-end luxury shops. Name it, they got it lol
It's also great strolling around here as it passes through Shinsaibashi, Dotonbori and Namba (more shopping and eating!) haha


I'm so cute *yea, I'm claiming it ~bwahaha


pretty leaves <3


and here are some of your favorite designer stores along Midosuji....






Window display at D&G. 
The gold decors blends well with the trees outside! :)


The very big Puma store!


My love, Shinsaibashi OPA
11 floors of Japanese shopping goodness yo! It's Osaka's counterpart to Shibuya 109.
Though I've read in some comments that the staff in OPA are friendlier(?)
In my experience, they are a bit friendlier than the usual service I'd get here in Manila or in any other stores I've been to abroad.
They don't just simply greet you, they would really come up to you and talk to you about your needs or something (I'm not sure, they spoke in Japanese haha)

Here you can find popular Japanese brands such as Emoda, titty&Co., Murua, Ingni etc. and my personal favorite, Lowrys Farm!


Kawaii kimono <3



pretty gloves <3





For more shopping goodness head over to Shinsaibashi-suji. A covered shopping arcade lined with 180 stores ~awesome!


You can also find the Sanrio Gallery here ~3 floors of Helly Kitty goodies!!


Taking pics inside wasn't allowed but I already snapped some pics when I realized that trololol


I bought a smaller version of this for ¥ 2,100...only to find out it's Made in China. wtf


The cutest mini backpack cellphone case/coin purse. Soooo adorable <3




Once you reach Dotonbori, it becomes Ebisu bashi-suji



Another shopping area you could visit is the Namba Walk. This is actually an underground shopping street which hosts 250 stores. Perfect for people who want to avoid weather changes outside while shopping haha

You could easily access this from the subway Midosuji, Sennichimae and Yotsubashi Line.


Ugh, I want that coat


When in Japan, buy all the Japanese fashion magazines!lol
And what do you know, the name of this bookstore is Libro ;)


Dotonbori Canal


I'm Glico Girl bwahaha


#ootd #lookbook ;-P


I need to go back here. Wasn't able to visit at night so sad :(


Spot my mom lol


When in Osaka, eat Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki!







Hello there, puffer fish!



Of course one thing you shouldn't miss visiting is Osaka Castle.
So one fine day, we decided to head over there.


Reaching Osaka Castle from the station will take you about 20 minutes (omg)
Based on the internet, they said the nearest station going to the castle takes about 5-10 minutes. But based on experience, that's not true =/
Maybe those people walk fast haha


Good thing the scenery was beautiful.
Awww, so in love with these trees...


then suddenly, NHK building!




Outside the castle grounds


Warning: Serious walking inside palace grounds so wear comfortable shoes(!)



 *su....maaayyyyyllll*
:)


There's also a time capsule housing some pine and Japanese cypress seeds.


At the back of the castle, there's a nifty spot away from the people where you can do your photo sessions haha


Yea I went crazy and played around 


On our last day, we just strolled around Namba, Midosuji and Dotonbori.

We passed by Namba Parks. It's actually a shopping/dining complex with a sloping park of trees, flowers, waterfalls etc. Basically passing thru nature before entering a mall. 
Cool concept noh?




Hope you like this simple travel post <3
I'll work on my Kyoto and Food/People post on Osaka next :)

Merry Christmas!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment