Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Osmeña Peak Jan 2016


Osmeña Peak is definitely one of the places you need to visit when you're in Cebu.
Reaching a height of 1,072.6 meters above sea level, it is considered the highest point in Cebu!




HOW TO GET HERE:
1. From Cebu city, I went to South Bus terminal and rode a bus going to Argao (you can also take buses going to Oslob or Bato)
The drop off would be at Dalaguete junction which is 3 hours away from the city.
-I paid P105, one way, for an aircon bus

2. Once you reach Dalaguete, you will then need to hire a habal-habal to reach the foot of the mountain at Mantalongon.
In my case, since I was alone, I had to pay the special price of P200 -one way for the habal habal.
So it's better if you go here with a friend so you could split the 200 ;)
It takes about 30 mins to get there from the junction.





Once you reach the foot of the mountain, it would be a 30-40 minute trek going to the top.





I would say this trek is good for amateurs like me lol
After my experience in Buntot Palos, I swore never to climb any mountains again! 
But after reading some reviews that Osmena Peak is trek-friendly haha I made it an exception ;)




And I'm sure glad I made that decision!
Look at that beauty <3



It's very similar to Bohol's chocolate hills but more pointy.




Would've been the perfect shot minus the photobombers lol
There were a lot of people when I went there so it's best to go here during off peak season.



The wind here is a bit cool.
The habal2x driver told me that Mantalongon is aptly named the "little Baguio" of Cebu and is considered its summer capital.
True enough, we passed by several farms of greens such as cabbage and lettuce since it's one of the major distributor of vegetables in Cebu.



Badian and Pescador Island at my back.
Some people would even trek to Kawasan falls from here for 5 hours. WILD!



the perfect spot except there's some parasites on the right haha jk!







going down!


golden sunset :)

No comments:

Post a Comment