Monday, October 20, 2014

Hong Kong Shopping

Aside from Disneyland, another reason for most people in going to HK is shopping!
From high-end brands to cheap thrills, every shopaholic definitely has its place in this city.

Though as much as I would want to highlight all the best/popular shopping areas in HK, I didn't have enough time to do that so this post will solely focus on the shopping centers I was able to go to during my trip ok? ok!


Now, let's start.....



Basically, most of the shopping areas I went to are located in Kowloon. 
FYI, Hong Kong island is divided into 2 sides: Kowloon and HK city --think like Mactan and Cebu city...
Here, you can find popular places like Tsim Sha Tsui, Mongkok, Prince Edward etc.

Ok, enough geographical 411 lulz

When I was reading some forums, some people recommended Argyle street for some cheap shopping finds. One of the popular places to go here is Ladies Market. It's a well known street market  with hundreds of stalls selling clothes, shoes, accessories and what not specifically for women, hence the name.
Unfortunately, it started to rain when we got here so I wasn't able to roam around completely :(





Anyhow, you could just opt to go to Argyle Centre if you want to do your shopping inside a building.
It has 3(?) or 4(?) <hehe sorry I can't remember> floors of shopping goodness with lots of low priced items to choose from.
This is very similar to 168 in Divisoria so I'm sure a lot of bargain hunters would be delighted.



Price range of items here are around 30-100 HKD
VERY good deal no?!


Only problem is, there's not so much options for men.
Oh well~






Also located in Argyle street is Langham Place.
This should not be missed as it's the biggest mall in Mongkok!
It has over 200 shops including.....



my fave: Monki and H&M!
And how convenient, they are right next to each other! yay!

Langham also has a branch of Godiva store just in case you wanna try their sinful choco soft serve!




Right after you exit Kowloon station, you'd see these escalators which leads to Elements mall.
I think this is one of the largest malls I've seen in HK.
It houses a lot of luxury brands (see pic below) and is also connected to Ritz Carlton and the Intl Commerce Center where you can find Sky100.



Some of the brands you will see in Elements....








Sky100 entrance next to high-end jewelry brands



Another popular destination for shopping is Nathan Road in Tsim Sha Tsui.
First stop: iSquare!

To be honest, I was disappointed with the selection of stores here.
I guess the only reason to see here would be their IMAX -w/c is the biggest in HK and the resto located at the top with a 270 degree view of the harbour.




After wasting time in iSquare, we walked  and went inside The One.
I highly recommend this if you're into Japanese brands.




some of the shops available




It was good timing since most of the stores were on sale! yahoo <3
A lot of them were offering 50-70% off !
But remember, Japanese clothing is usually more expensive and overpriced compared to American brands so don't expect dirt cheap price.
Even so, I was able to buy a few items here.



so here are some of the stores I was able to take a snap of hihi







If you ask me, The One is very similar to Shinsaibashi OPA in Osaka and Shibuya 109 in Tokyo.
It has a total of 21 floors, all dedicated for shopping and dining!



Just a random pic I wanna share.
When we got to .. God knows which floor, we saw a horde of locals lining up this resto


And what do you know, it's Dazzling Cafe which is originally from Taiwan.
hmmm hope to check it out when i have the chance to go back <3



A few steps away  from The One is Miramall.



You can find a mix of American and Japanese brands here







Beside Miramall is Miramar Shopping Center.
I don't know exactly why they had to give the other building a different name but technically, they're connected by a footbridge making it easier for shoppers to transfer.







Unlike in The One, stores here weren't on sale so I just took pics haha






very nice space to take photo ops! hihi




Last stop was Collect Point.
It's a milti-label lifestyle store which houses..guess what?
Japanese brands again!haha
IDK why but yea I guess Jap fashion is really popular in hk.










Another shopping destination is Causeway Bay. This time in the HK side.
Jardine's Crescent is a famous street market here.






It's very reminiscent of Baclaran if you ask me.



For Korean Fashion stores, you could go to Island Beverley Center.
Thank God for google maps or else, I would've completely missed this place!



It has four floors mixed with chic and cutesy boutiques.






*************************

Wasn't able to take a pic but IFC mall in Central is worth visiting too.
I guess it's the counterpart of Elements, with elevated walkways connecting  it to several other luxury malls.




No comments:

Post a Comment