Sunday, October 12, 2014

Old Swiss Inn, Makati


I don't know why I haven't eaten in Old Swiss Inn before.
If it not for Deal Grocer's offer, I wouldn't have the chance to dine here actually lol
Yes, I've been missing out all these years!!!


Voucher Price: P625 valued at P1000 via Deal Grocer



The voucher's offer is only applicable to their Fondues
(dessert fondues not in picture)



here's the rest of the dishes they offer ;)








Also, one thing you could look forward to every year is their Anniversary Price rollback.

Whenever Old Swiss Inn celebrates their anniversary, several of their signature dishes would be decreased to its original price when they started 60+ years ago.
Could you imagine a prime rib priced at 35 freagin pesos?! 
Insane right? I'd definitely mark my calendar for next August!

(p.s: there's no specific date for their anniversary promo but for the past years, it had fallen on the 27th, 26th and this year 25th of Aug ~so prolly it's the 24th for 8.2015? hmmm)




Went on a weekday afternoon to avoid the crowd ;)





We got 2 vouchers btw so for our 1st visit, we got the Walliser fondue



As much as I would want to say that I love this dish, it was the opposite.
I was expecting the pure melted cheese taste like the ones topped on pizza or on a bake macaroni but this one had a bitter aftertaste which was probably caused by the Swiss wine =/
Sad to say, it was a disappointment for me.



bread  and vegetables that came with the fondue





Schueblig




For our 2nd visit, we ordered the beef fondue.


You're probably wondering what's a beef fondue right?
It's pretty simple actually. 
They put some oil in the pot and you dip your beef and let it cook.
-_____________________-





for the price of this fondue, i expected more beef rather than just 2 plates of it =/



Different condiments and whatnot to pair with your beef
I like the mushroom gravy most!






french fries came with the fondue too




Prime Rib
-one of the yummiest prime ribs I've ever tasted ~YUM!



Verdict:

FOOD
Though I was disappointed with their fondues, I really liked their other dishes specially the prime rib.
I'd give it an 8/10.

SERVICE
It was a hit and miss.
We were literally the only people during our visit, but there were times wherein we had difficulty getting the server's attention for ordering/getting the bill. 


THE MAIN QUESTION
Will I go back?
Yes of course, I don't wanna miss out on their yearly price roll back! yeah! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment